We are grilling it up this morning, and Rum Chicken is on the Daybreak menu. Be sure to also check out this week's bonus recipe for Chilled Watermelon, Island-Style.
Visit Stacy Fawcett's Facebook page for information about her contest.
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- It's all about the marinade in this recipe; just combine/whisk all the ingredients in a large bowl then pour into a gallon-size Ziploc bag.
- Add chicken and seal bag (I double bag them to prevent leakage).
- Let set for four hours, turning over bag once to allow total coverage over chicken.
- Cook on a medium heat grill until cooked all the way through. You can also bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes total. Turn chicken over after twenty minutes.
Serve with mango salad or over rice and vegetables.
- 6 lb. seedless watermelon
- 1 lime (2 tbsp. of lime juice, 1 tsp of lime zest)
- Mint Leaves
- 2 tbsp. of light rum
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- sea salt
- In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, sugar, light rum, and salt.
- Cut melon into bite-sized squares or use a melon baller and scoop out.
- Pour watermelon into large bowl. Lightly toss and sprinkle with lime zest and mint.