Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today prepared this recipe for homemade chocolate pudding on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, August 11.
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 cups cold whole milk
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- In a medium pot, combine cornstarch, sugar and salt. Mix well with a whisk.
- Turn heat on to medium-low. Add milk while whisking and turn heat to medium-high.
- Bring to a low boil. Continue to stir and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add chocolate chunks and continue to stir while scraping the bottom and edges of pot frequently until the mixture is thick (this takes around 10 minutes).
- Remove pot from heat and add vanilla. Stir well.
- Pour mixture into four small bowls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- Just before serving, top with Cool Whip and toasted, sliced almonds.