Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today prepared Chicken Spaghetti on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, June 1.
- 2 - 3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 - 6 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- 1 lg. broccoli crown (washed, stems removed and cut into small pieces)
- 2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans Cream of Chicken soup (I use Campbell’s Healthy Request)
- 1 cup milk
- garlic salt to taste
- salt/pepper to taste
- 12 oz. spaghetti noodles
- 3 - 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, boiled and shredded — or a shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 - 2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
- Boil chicken until done. Shred and set aside (or shred pre-cooked rotisserie chicken and set aside).
- Break noodles into thirds and cook as directed. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet or deep pot, saute onion and garlic in olive oil until tender.
- Add chopped broccoli and saute until slightly tender.
- Pour in soups and milk into mixture and stir well.
- Add garlic salt, salt/pepper to taste.
- Gently fold in chicken and noodles.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Top with sharp cheddar cheese, cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Remove foil the last 5-10 minutes and finish baking.