Asian Stir Fry Chicken is on the Daybreak menu this week. It's easy to make, delicious, and fills your kitchen with a savory aroma.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 1 (15-ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
The frozen section in grocery stores has pre mixed stir-fry vegetables if you prefer
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until starting to brown, stirring constantly.
- Add onions, carrots, and peppers and cook 1 minute.
- Add snap peas, corn and broccoli and cook 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and cook 2 minutes, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Dissolve corn starch in a small bowl and add to wok. Simmer 2 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice