Here's a clever and unexpected twist on a lunchtime classic.
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 24 mini sandwich Hawaiian rolls
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked deli ham
- 1 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray or grease a 9x14-inch baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, poppy seeds, and dried onion.
- Separate the tops from bottoms of the rolls, and place the bottom pieces into the prepared baking dish.
- Layer about half the ham onto the rolls.
- Arrange the Swiss cheese over the ham, and top with remaining ham slices in a layer.
- Place the tops of the rolls onto the sandwiches and pour the mustard mixture evenly over the rolls.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the rolls are lightly browned and the cheese has melted, about 20 minutes.
- Slice into individual rolls through the ham and cheese layers to serve.