What a treat to honor our service members on this Memorial Day weekend — and even better to feed them! Trace "The Rib Whisperer" Arnold of 3 Stacks Smoke and Tap House in Frisco shared his famous Cheesy Corn Bake recipe with us, and it was so easy to make. It's the perfect side dish for any holiday. If you make it, please share it with us on my Facebook page.
- 1 can of undrained whole kernel corn
- 1 can of cream corn
- 8 oz. of sour cream
- 2 well-beaten eggs
- 1 box of Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 stick of melted butter (not too hot, avoid clarifying the butter)
- 1/2 cup finely diced fresh jalapeño peppers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Place mixture in a well-oiled 9x13" pan and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- Top with fresh grated cheddar or blended cheese.
- Substitute jalapeños for green chilies. Cayenne pepper is also a great substitution for heat.
- Add red bell pepper for a holiday flair.
- Add brown panko bread crumbs and top for a crunchy texture.
- Light sour cream will reduce calories.
- Cream cheese can be substituted for sour for a richer blend.
- Fresh corn can be used in place of canned.
- Plain yellow cornbread mix can replace Jiffy if you want to eliminate the sweet flavor of the Jiffy.