Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today shared a favorite breakfast recipe on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, February 18.
French Toast with Berries by Cory Morrow
- Texas Toast or your favorite sliced bread
- 3 Tbs.Vanilla
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 cup strawberries - sliced
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 2 - 3 Tbs. Powdered sugar
- Splash Grand Marnier
Directions: French Toast
- Whisk as many eggs as you are making toast (one egg per piece of toast)
- Add 1/4 - 1/2 cup milk, vanilla and cinnamon, mixing all together
- Dredge each piece of toast through egg mixture
- Place directly in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add 1 Tbs. butter under each piece of toast and 1 Tbs. on top of each piece of toast while it cooks.
- Flip toast as soon as it starts to brown, cooking both sides
Directions: Berry Topping
- In a sauce pan, melt 2 Tbs. butter over low heat.
- Add strawberries, blackberries and sprinkle in powdered sugar.
- Add a splash of Grand Marnier and simmer over low heat.