Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today prepared Almond Crusted Chicken Strips and Cindy's Secret Sauce on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, August 4.
- 3 - 4 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 3 cups organic unbleached white flour (or whatever flour you choose)
- 1 - 2 sticks butter, melted
- 2 cups crushed almonds
- 1 jar Smuckers cherry preserves
- 1-1/2 tsp. soy sauce
- 2 tsp. French’s mustard
- Slice chicken into long strips (approx. 1 1/2” wide)
- Place butter, flour and almonds in individual, shallow bowls.
- Dip each strip in butter first; then flour; then almonds. Coat each strip well.
- Place strips on a greased baking dish and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Turn once and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- To make the sauce, puree cherry preserves, soy sauce and mustard just until blended well.
Sauce recipe by Cindy DiMaggio