Amy Kushnir prepared this recipe for Crock Pot Queso on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, September 8.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 Tbs. butter
- 1 sweet onion - finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves - crushed
- 1/2 of 32 oz. block Velveeta Cheese (Original) - cubed
- 1/2 of 32 oz. block Velveeta Cheese (Queso Blanco) - cubed
- 1 10 oz. can Rotel (Original)
- 1 4.5 oz can green chilies (diced)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 jalapenos - finely chopped
- cilantro for garnish
- Saute onion and garlic with 2 Tbs. melted butter.
- Add beef and cook completely.
- Pour meat mixture into large crock pot.
- Top with cubed cheeses, Rotel, green chilies, whole milk, and chopped jalapeno.
- Cook on low for 1 hour (stirring occasionally).
- Keep crock pot on low while serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
NOTE: You can use an entire block of original Velveeta if you can't find the Queso Blanco flavor at your supermarket.