This recipe for Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies was prepared by Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, August 25.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 3 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars together until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda and cinnamon; mix well.
- Add oats and chocolate chunks; mix well.
- Scoop dough with a tablespoon and form into a ball.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes; then move cookies to a cooling rack or foil sheet to cool completely.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies