Cheryl "Action" Jackson, founder of Minnie's Food Pantry in Plano, visited News 8 Daybreak Saturday to prepare her Rice Casserole recipe.
- 1 bag of frozen broccoli
- Butter or margarine
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Sausage (chicken can be substituted)
- 1 bag of shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degree.
- Boil rice
- Boil sausage links.
- Sautee broccoli in pan with butter.
- Warm cream of mushroom, cream of chicken and cheddar cheese soups together in a pot
- Once rice is cooked and links are boiled, blend all of the ingredients in a oven-safe dish and bake for 15 minutes.
- Add shredded cheese and bake for another 10 minutes. (Optional: Top with sour cream and bacon bits)