This recipe for Amy K's Stuffed Shells was prepared by Amy Kushnir on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, October 1.
- 1 box Jumbo Shells
- 1 Jar Marinara Sauce – your favorite
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 15 oz. container Ricotta cheese
- 1 pkg. 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 pkg. 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- ¼ - ½ cup chopped onion
- 5-6 cloves pressed garlic
- Garlic salt (to taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cook shells as directed.
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic salt.
- Once beef is brown, put in large mixing bowl.
- Add ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 cup parmesan cheese and garlic.
- Stir until completely mixed.
- Place a few spoonfuls of mixture into cooked shells, filling the shell.
- Once full, turn the shell seam down into a baking dish. Continue stuffing until baking dish is full.
- Pour marinara over shells completely.
- Add extra mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-30 min at 375 degrees.