Alleged serial arsonist gets 40 years in plea deal

Arsonist gets 40 years for burning homes

FORT WORTH - An alleged serial arsonist accepted a plea deal Friday and will receive a 40-year prison term for setting two Fort Worth homes on fire late last year.

George Wayne Reibert, who had prior arson convictions in Louisiana and Oklahoma, was booked into Tarrant County Jail last October and formally charged for allegedly setting fire to two homes in the Historic Southside neighborhood.

Reibert, 42, is a suspect in as many as 13 house fires in the area. One fire investigator told News 8 Reibert may be the most prolific arsonist he’s ever seen.

According to arrest warrant affidavits for Reibert, on Aug. 28, a fire was reported at 4:57 p.m. in a vacant house at 1308 S. Freeway and then at 5:47 p.m. in a vacant house at 720 Kentucky Ave. Investigators said he picked up a soda on the less-than-half-mile walk between the houses.

Arson and bomb investigator M.B. Sims said last year that at least twice, he believes Reibert set two fires in one day.

Contributing: WFAA archives

Copyright 2016 WFAA


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment