FORT WORTH -- A woman known to police as "The Wig Bandit" has confessed to robbing seven banks in the Fort Worth area.
Jessica Renee Stell, 23, is being held in the Tarrant County Jail on a Wise County warrant for violating her parole, Fort Worth police said on Thursday.
Police say they found "incriminating evidence" against Stell after conducting a search warrant.
She told police she is responsible for bank robberies that occurred between January and June of this year, including:
- Chase Bank at 6700 W. Vickery Blvd. on Jan 30
- Comerica Bank at 4351 Western Center Blvd. on Feb. 4
- Woodhaven Bank at 6301 N. Beach St. on May 1
- Comerica Bank at 6388 Camp Bowie Blvd. on May 1
- Compass Bank at 5701 Camp Bowie Blvd. on May 22
- Comerica Bank at 6388 Camp Bowie Blvd. on Jun 9
- Wells Fargo Bank at 4533 Bellaire Drive S. on June 10