Murder charge dropped in FW student's slaying

Print
Email
|

by Associated Press

wfaa.com

Posted on April 16, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Updated Friday, Apr 16 at 8:14 PM

FORT WORTH (AP) - Police are dropping the murder charge against a man they initially suspected in the fatal shooting of a Fort Worth high school honors student.

A police statement issued Friday says they have insufficient evidence to sustain the charge against 24-year-old Bruce Terrell Rogers. He remains in custody as a suspect in an unrelated robbery.

Rogers had been suspected of shooting 17-year-old Eric Forrester in the head Monday afternoon after Forrester left Southwest High School in Fort Worth for lunch at home with his 21-year-old sister. Police say Forrester and his sister walked in on a burglary. The sister says that when she fled for help, she heard a gunshot coming from inside the house. She says she returned after the intruders left and found her brother dying in the kitchen.
 

Print
Email
|