Dallas-based Blockbuster will close 186 more of its stores in the next two days. Eight of them are in North Texas, according to court documents.
Three stores in Fort Worth will be shutting down:
- 3300 Southeast Loop 820
- 1100 Bridgewood Drive
- 3150 South Hulen Street
The other five locations are:
- 6760 Abrams Road in Dallas
- 811 Northeast Alsbury Boulevard in Burleson
- 5826 Broadway Boulevard in Garland
- 433 East Highway in Grand Prairie
- 2150 North Josey in Carrollton
Since filing for bankruptcy protection last September, the movie rental chain has announced plans to close more than one-third of its stores.
On Thursday, bids to buy the business are due, and there is already a list two pages long.
The auction is Monday in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in New York.