DALLAS — Worried about a fast-moving apartment fire in Northwest Dallas, firefighters called out three alarms Wednesday night.
Firefighters were called at 5:46 p.m. to the Park Place Apartments at 3165 Park Lane in Northwest Dallas following reports of a structure fire. When firefighters reached the apartments, they found “lots of smoke” coming from a two story building, said Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans.
Responders made it inside and realized the fire already spread to the attic. Captains called for a second and third alarm. Evans said between 70 and 80 firefighters, including support staff, helped on the call.
Four of the 10 units in the building at the Park Place Apartments were damaged by the fire, displacing a total of 19 residents.
The American Red Cross was assisting the fire victims.
In all, Evans estimates $25,000 in content loss and $50,000 in structural loss as a result of the fire. Investigators believe an unspecified electrical short in the wiring of the attic caused the blaze.