DALLAS - The NorthPark Center shopping mall was evacuated for over an hour after a fire broke out at about 10:30 a.m. Monday at the Panda Express.
While firefighters were quickly able to extinguish the two-alarm blaze, it took them a bit longer to clear the area of lingering smoke.
Firefighters were able to determine it was a grease fire that moved into the ventilation system.
People were able to go back inside the mall shortly before 11:45 a.m.
There were no injuries reported and the extent of the damage is not yet known.
The Panda Express is located on the second floor of the mall in the food court.