You will love the simplicity of this main dish; you can put it in the oven, or — if you are a fan of the slow cooker — it's magic!
- 2 pound boneless pork shoulder roast (sirloin roast)
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Season the pork with salt, garlic powder and red pepper flakes and place it into the slow cooker.
- Mix together the broth and vinegar and pour it over the pork, then pour the honey over and set the timer for 4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on low
You can serve on slider buns or with baked Parmesan green beans... this dish goes perfect with so many things! Get creative. I served them today on the show on a lettuce boat with dab of rice, balsamic pork and honey sauce.
- 1 1/2 cups stout beer
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup Cocoa
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs (at room temperature)
- 2/3 cup sour cream (at room temperature)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease two 9" round pans (2" deep) then dust with flour and tap out excess.
- Place the stout and butter in a large, heavy saucepan and heat on medium heat until the butter melts, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and whisk in the cocoa powder until smooth.
- Pour into a large heatproof measuring cup or bowl and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Mix the eggs and sour cream on medium speed until well combined.
- Add the cooled cocoa mixture, and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly and combine until blended, making sure to scrape the sides and bottom of bowl.
- Divide batter into prepared pans evenly. Place cake pans on middle oven rack side-by-side, but about 2" apart and bake until toothpick inserted into center comes clean, about 35 minutes.
- Let cakes cool for about 10 minutes; loosen edges with knife then gently remove from pans to cool completely.
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- Cream ingredients together and smooth on cake at room temperature (you can add as much vanilla to your taste preference).