Payless ShoeSource released a list Wednesday that includes the 378 stores that it plans to close in the U.S. as a result of its bankruptcy filing, and eight of those stores are in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Payless hopes that by shedding unprofitable stores, it will be able to make a comeback by focusing on its winners. The Topeka-based discount shoe seller also plans to reduce debt, bring in new capital and try to take on online sellers like Amazon and Zappos.com, it said in its filing.
The company said it has $1 billion in assets and up to $10 billion in liabilities, along with more than 100,000 creditors.
But customers will be most focused on whether the store near them will be closing. Here's a list of the stores closing in the Dallas-Fort Worth area:
- Casa View Shopping Center in Dallas
- Beach Street Commons in Fort Worth
- Collin Creek Mall in Plano
- Pioneer Parkway in Arlington
- Irving Town Center in Irving
- Weatherford Commons in Weatherford
- The Crossing in Mineral Wells
- Wesley Road in Greenville
© 2017 WFAA-TV