It is a fantastic organization to donate to whether it is your time, efforts, prescence, or stories. Be a hero, spread the word and put smiles on the faces of these children. Please read below to see how you can volunteer or how your children can be a part of the kids-helping-kids program.
What Generation Heroes Does
Generation HEROES supports the mission of Heroes for Children through the involvement of young men and women's volunteer services and fundraising efforts to strengthen and expand financial, social and emotional assistance provided to HFC families with children battling cancer.
Who Generation Heroes are Comprised of
Generation HEROESwas created to offer unique opportunities for young men and women to get involved in the community and provide support to HFC and the families we serve. Generation HEROES members consist of young professionals, couples, singles and college graduates between the ages of 21 - 40.
How You Will Be Involved
Generation HEROES members have four main activities each year:
· Two membership functions and two project functions.
· There are NO required volunteer hours for Generation HEROES members.
· Register for an Annual Membership for just $25 or a Couples Annual Membership for $40.
Heroes for Children,
Attn: Liesl Darr;
1701 North Collins, Suite 240;
Richardson, TX 75080
*Please make checks payable to Heroes for Children*
Superheroes Birthday Club!!
What is the Superheroes Birthday Club?
The SBC is a membership club for kids who want to be heroes by helping families with children with cancer. This kids-helping-kids program incorporates giving through children’s birthday parties, and teaches kids the value of giving to others. With tools provided by Heroes for Children, you can have a successful event to benefit cancer families in Texas!
In lieu of gifts, collect funds for Heroes for Children for your birthday and be a HERO this year!
Who can be a member of the Superheroes Birthday Club?
· Any “hero” celebrating a birthday!
Heroes for Children provides pre-printed insert cards describing the program to accompany your own personalized birthday invitations. (View Sample)
Cost: FREE. Package includes:
· Pack of printed inserts to go along with personal invitations
· Membership card identifying the birthday boy/girl as a member of the Superheroes Birthday Club
· Donation envelope for easy collection
· Thank-you letters mailed from HFC to all donors listed on donation envelope
· Certificate for the birthday boy/girl upon completion of the program
· Chance to have the birthday boy/girl featured on the HFC website with pictures from their Superheroes party
· Opportunity to join the Superheroes Birthday Club team at the annual Heroes for Children 5K Run/Walk
· Online customizable fundraising page!
Have a princess who needs her castle to be filled with gifts on her birthday? A superhero who doesn’t want to give up his powers of gifts? You can still participate in the Superheroes Birthday Club! Make a donation to Heroes for Children in honor of the birthday boy/girl and party guests. Heroes for Children will provide you with inserts to drop into goodie bags notifying guests of your donation.
Additional Ways to Host a Superheroes Birthday Party
It's easy to plan a Superheroes Birthday Club volunteer project for your child's birthday party.
Collecting donations isn’t the only way you can help families and children in need. Instead of games or expensive outings, make a Heroes for Children volunteer project the main attraction of your child's birthday party. Talk to your child and choose a service project that is fun and fits his/her interests.
· Make cards for children battling cancer. Set up a table with brightly colored paper, stickers, glitter, crayons, and markers. Turn on the party music and let the guests make personalized cards for the hospitalized child.
· Assemble gift bags filled with goodies for children living in the hospital. Before the party, purchase or collect supplies for the goodie bags. During the party, let kids assemble the bags for HFC to give to hospitalized children.
Whatever volunteerism project you choose, be sure to make the party fun. Compliment the children for their hard work and let them know that they are making a big difference.
Other Ways to Donate- Wish List
Heroes for Children often delivers care packages and toys to the hospitals. If you would like to contribute NEW items to be distributed at the hospital please contact Liesl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL ITEMS MUST BE NEW. The hospital will not accept used toys or toiletries, so please only bring NEW items.
Wish List Items
· Play-doh (one time use so they always need more)
· Crayons and coloring books
· Toys (no stuffed animals!)
· Miniature Toiletries (tooth paste, tooth brushes, shampoos and conditioners, deodorant, etc.)
· Gas Cards
· Gift Cards to Target or Walmart
Cadillac is very proud and honored that we were able to host Cadillac Cares benefiting three important charities with Heroes winning the honor alongside Family Place. Being a part of philanthropy is an important component to what Cadillac is, what we stand for, and what we aspire to be profoundly involved in.