Family Caregiver Resources
- AARP Caregiver Resource Center
- AARP Texas
- Heart Caregivers
- Care Guides To Take the Stress out of Family Caregiving
- Prepare to Care
- Wallet Cards in Other States
- Area Agency on Aging (AAA)
The AAAs – serving every county in Texas – offer, among other help, congregate meals, home-delivered meals, benefits counseling, care coordination, legal assistance, caregiver support, advocacy for residents in long term care, and transportation services.
- Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC)
ADRCs serve every community throughout Texas. The ADRC’s provide one-stop access to information for people who need help finding long-term care services.
- Adult Protective Services
This state agency provides education about and investigates financial exploitation and allegations of all forms of elder abuse and neglect, including physical, sexual, emotional, and verbal abuse.
Texas Abuse Hotline: 1-800-252-5400