Apple Tart Tatin
Yield 1 10” Tart
v 10oz Sugar
v 1ea Juice of lemon
v 2oz Butter
v 1/2oz Vanilla
v 1oz Apple Jack
v Pinch Salt
v 1/4oz Cinnamon
v 9-12ea Granny Smith Apples, peeled, seeded, and cut into eights.
1. Dry Method Caramel—until dark amber color. (use 8oz of sugar)
2. Arrange the apples in a flower pattern.
3. Mix the remaining 2oz of sugar with the cinnamon and salt.
4. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the apples, pour over the vanilla, apple jack, and the lemon juice.
5. Spot with butter..
6. BAKE 375 until about 15min remain.
7. Top with 1 sheet of docked puff pastry and bake until done. About 15 min.
8. Remove from the oven, and cool for 10 min, invert onto serving plate.
9. Serve warm with crème fraîche.