4 oz bacon, diced
8 oz Andouille sausage, diced
4 chicken thighs, skinless boneless
1 medium onion, diced
1 medium bell pepper, diced and seeds removed
2 stalks of celery, diced
3 cups converted rice
2 bay leave
1 tsp dry thyme
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp cumin seed
1 TBS paprika smoked
5 cups chicken stock
Bunch of green onion, chopped
Bunch of cilantro, chopped
1. Render the bacon and sausage in a medium pan until fully cooked
2. Add Chicken to pot and brown.
3. Add onion, celery, bell pepper, and all dry seasoning to pot. Stir for three minutes.
4. Add Rice to incorporate then add the chicken stock. Bring to a boil
5. Reduce heat to medium, cover and let it cook for 15 minutes.
6. Uncover and fluff with spoon. Garnish with green onion and cilantro
Recipe courtesy of Chef Travis Ramos