Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes w/ Sweet Corn Sauce
Crab Cake Mixture
2 lbs. Jumbo Lump Crab
½ Cup Mayonnaise
½ Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
½ Tbsp. Worcestershire
1 Tsp. Tabasco
2 Tsp. Italian Parsley, chopped
2 ½ Tbsp. Yellow Onion, minced
2 ½ Tbsp. Celery, peeled and minced
2 Tsp. Kosher Salt
1 Tsp. White Pepper
1 Cup Bread Crumbs
2 Tsp. Lemon Juice
As Needed Japanese Bread Crumbs
2. Fold in bread crumbs, gently fold in drained crab meat.
3. Refrigerate for two hours.
4. Portion crab mix into four-ounce cakes.
5. Gently toss in Japanese Bread Crumbs to coat.
6. Place crab cakes in 350 degree fryer, and fry until golden brown.
4 cobs Sweet Corn, husked
½ Gallon Chicken Stock
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Bay Leaf
4 Cups Cream 36%, warm
2 Tbsp. Water
3 Tbsp. Cornstarch
To Taste Salt
To Taste White Pepper
To Taste Sugar
1 Cup Butter, diced
1. Place sweet corn, chicken stock, garlic, and bay leaf in a small stockpot.
2. Bring to a simmer and reduce by half.
3. In a separate saucepan bring cream to a simmer and reduce by one third.
4. Remove cooked corn from stock, cut kernels from cob and return to stock (discard
5. Purée stock mixture in blender and pass through a fine mesh strainer.
6. Add strained mixture into cream and simmer for 15 minutes, combine cornstarch and water.
7. Add slurry (cornstarch and water mixture), bring to a boil and season to taste with salt, pepper, and sugar.
8. Label, date, and refrigerate.
1. Heat corn emulsion and slowly whisk in butter.
2. Hold warm for plating.
2 Tbsp. Sweet Pickle Relish
4 Tsp. Capers, rinsed and chopped
2 Tsp. Shallots, minced
4 Tsp. Italian Parsley
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Tsp. Dijon Mustard
½ Tsp. Tabasco
½ Cup Kernel Corn
1 Tbsp. Jalapeño, minced
To Taste Kosher Salt
To Taste Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1. Roast corn on the cob in the oven until cooked through, cool and cut corn kernels off
2. Combine all ingredients in a stainless steel mixing bowl, mix thoroughly.
1. In center of small round plate, place a circle of the corn emulsion sauce (about 2 ounces) and drizzle with 1 teaspoon of basil oil.
2. Place crab cake in the center of the sauce and drizzle with jalapeno corn tartar sauce.
3. Garnish with parsley sprig.