2 oz of Bacon
2 oz of Shallots
10 oz of Brussel Sprouts
1 oz unsalted butter
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Place the saute pan over medium high heat.
2. Add the cut bacon to the pan and cook until fairly crisp, approx. 3-
3. Remove the pan from the heat to allow the pan to cool a little.
4. Add the butter to the bacon. Be sure the pan is not too hot or the
butter will burn.
5. When the butter has melted, return the pan to the flame and add the
shallots and the Brussel sprouts. Toss to mix.
6. Saute the Brussel sprouts for approximately 4 minutes, tossing
frequently so the shallots and bacon do not burn.
7. Season with salt and white pepper. Taste a Brussel sprout for
seasoning and to make sure they are hot all the way through.
8. Place the finished Brussel Sprouts in a hot oval baking dish and
serve immediately on a small oval plate.
Cooking Tip :
1. Brussel sprouts are a very dense vegetable
so they take several minutes to get hot all the