Ham & Swiss Stuffed Chicken
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 - 8 ounces each)
Salt and pepper
1 slice of Swiss cheese (about 1 ounce) or use Provolone
1 slice of deli ham (about 1/2 ounce each)
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Steam bags (Ziplock, Glad, etc.)
2 tablespoons regular or light mayonnaise 2 tablespoons spicy brow n mustard
1 teaspoon honey Pinch of salt (about 1/16 teaspoon)
1. Cut 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 - 8 ounces each) in half horizontally almost all the way through leaving far edge intact and open up like a book. Cover with plastic wrap and pound opened breasts gently to even thickness (about 1/4 inch), being careful not to tear chicken. Sprinkle open (cut-side) of chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cut 1 slice of Swiss cheese (about 1 ounce) in half. Wrap each half of cheese in 1 slice of deli ham (about 1/2 ounce each), folding ham over cheese on all sides to fully surround cheese. Place one ham and cheese bundle on each chicken breast.
4. Put stuffed chicken breasts into steam bag with thickest part of chicken breasts toward outer edge of bag.
5. Seal bag and place in microwave. Cook on full power for 5 - 5 1/2 minutes, until chicken is cooked through, with no trace of pink. If needed, continue microwaving at 30-second intervals until chicken is done.
6. Allow bag to stand 1 minute before handling. Carefully open bag. Use spatula to remove chicken from bag. Serve with mustard sauce.