Posted on January 7, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Recipe:
· 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch-process will work)
· 1/2 cup boiling water
· 2 cups whole almonds (measure before grinding)
· 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
· 3 large eggs, at room temperature
· 1/3 cup unsalted butter or buttery spread, such as Earth Balance or Soy Garden, melted, or canola oil
· 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 2 tablespoons powdered sugar for dusting
1. Place a rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease; then line the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan with wax paper or parchment paper. Grease again; set aside.
2. Dissolve the cocoa in the boiling water; set aside. Meanwhile, grind the almonds in a food processor to a very fine meal.
3. Add the brown sugar, eggs, butter, vanilla, and salt to the food processor and process 30 to 40 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl and process another 30 seconds or until mixture is thoroughly blended. Transfer batter to prepared pan.
4. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. The cake rises as it bakes, then may fall slightly as it cools. Cool the cake in the pan 15 minutes on a wire rack. Cut around edge with a sharp knife to loosen the cake. Release pan sides; discard paper liner. Dust with powdered sugar before serving