Posted on February 19, 2010 at 9:08 AM
Friday, Feb 19 at 3:20 PM
Flying Fish Hushpuppies
Hushpuppy Mix with Onion 1 lb.
Water 1 cup
Shiner Bock ¼ cup
Whole Kernel Corn 1/3 cup
Peanut oil Enough to completely immerse hushpuppies
· Combine water, beer and corn in a mixing bowl.
· Add the hushpuppy mix to the mixing bowl and stir thoroughly.
· Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours to firm up.
***Ensure the plastic wrap is in contact with the mix to keep it from rising.***
· Heat peanut oil in a skillet to 350°F.
· Scoop the mix using a small scoop or a heaping tablespoon.
· Place the scoop of hushpuppy mix into the hot oil and fry for approximately 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
· Remove the hushpuppy from the oil and drain on a paper towel.
· Serve and enjoy!
Makes approximately 50 golf ball-sized hushpuppies