Flying Fish Crawfish Chowder
Peanut or Vegetable Oil 1/3 cup
Red Potatoes (Peeled and Cubed 1”) 1 1/3 cup
Bell Peppers (Diced ½”) ½ cup
Yellow Onion (Diced ½”) 2/3 cup
Celery (Sliced and Diced ½”) 2/3 cup
Salt 2 tsp
Black, Ground Pepper ½ tsp
Basil, Dry ½ Tsp
Garlic Chopped in Water 2 tsp
Chicken Broth 1 cup
All Purpose Flour 1/3 cup
Cajun Seasoning 1 Tbsp
Half and Half 1 quart (32 oz.)
Whole Kernel Corn 2/3 cup
Pre-Cooked Crawfish Tail Meat (110/150) ½ lb.
· Pour oil into cooking pot, add potatoes and cook on medium heat.
· Stir potatoes until half cooked.
· Add bell peppers, onions and celery to potatoes and continue to cook on medium heat.
· Stir potatoes and veggies continuously until ¾ cooked.
· Add salt, pepper, basil and garlic and mix completely.
· Add chicken broth, flour and Cajun seasoning and mix thoroughly until product thickens.
***Be sure to stir continuously to prevent sticking or burning.***
· Add half and half and mix with a whisk over high heat for 10 minutes.
· Lower to medium heat and add crawfish meat and stir continuously.
· As product continues to thicken, add corn and continue to mix.
***To test for proper thickness, tap the whisk on the side of the pot. If the product runs slowly down the side of the pot, you are ready to go.***
· Remove from the burner and continue to stir for 5-10 more minutes.
· Serve and enjoy!
Makes ½ gallon