Cinnamon Raisin Pancakes
3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups buttermilk
1/2 cup milk
3 eggs stiffly whipped
1 cup Raisins
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1. Use electric mixer to whip 3 eggs until stiff.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix together buttermilk, milk, and melted butter.
3. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. You can flick water across the surface and if it beads up and sizzles, it's ready!
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, slowly as you stir with whisk or fork until blended. Do not over stir!
5. Fold in eggs
6. Mix in raisins and cinnamon. Do not over stir.
7. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 2oz for each pancake.
8. Turn pancakes before bubbles top forming.
9. Remove from grill or pan before steaming stops.
10. Adjust temperature of grill/ pan according to color and speed of cooking. Golden brown in about 1 ½ minutes.