PRINCE WILLIAM'S WEDDING CAKE
1 200g pack (7oz) McVities Rich Tea Biscuits*
4 oz English Butter*
3 Tablespoons Lyles Golden Syrup*
7 oz Cadbury's Dairy Milk Chocolate, broken into cubes*
7 oz Cadbury's Bourneville Dark Chocolate, broken into cubes*
1/2 cup Raisins
1/2 cup chopped Roasted Unsalted Almonds
(*available at The British Emporium Grapevine Texas)
1. Cover the bottom of an 8" by 8" square cake pan with clingfilm, leaving some hanging over the edges.
2. Put the Biscuits in a ziplock bag, seal shut and bash with a rolling pin, leaving some penny-sized pieces. Do not over-bash.
3. Melt the Butter and Golden Syrup in a bowl or pan over simmering water. Add the chocolate, and when it is all melted, take the bowl or pan off the heat.
4. Add the Raisins, Nuts and Biscuit pieces, stirring well.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Level the surface and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
6. Lift out the cake. Cut into squares and serve. Store leftovers in the fridge.