Chocolate Shell Mixture
- 1 1/4 c Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 T Unsalted Butter
Melt the chocolate with 2 T butter in microwave. Heat on medium 30 seconds at a time stirring occasionally until butter and chocolate are completely melted. Once mixture is lump free add the remaining 2 T butter and stir until melted to working temperature 100 – 105 degrees
- Cheesecake slices -
Red and pink candies & sprinkles
- Chopped Candy Bars
- Assorted chopped nuts
- Chocolate Chips
- Jimmies (rainbow and/or chocolate)
- Toffee Pieces
- Chocolate Shavings
- Sunflower Seeds
- Begin with your favorite cheesecake. Remove any loose decorations or whip cream rosettes.
- “Deeply chill” cheesecake by placing in freezer for 1 – 2 hours. Cut cheesecake slice in half down the center. Keep in freezer until ready to use.
- Place a wooden stick in the center of the half slice of “deeply chilled” cheesecake (should look like a lollypop). Completely submerge the Cheesecake “Lollypop” in melted chocolate Be sure to cover the entire slice keeping a clean stick for a handle. (Variation: Using a spoon, pour the chocolate over the Cheesecake “Lollypop”.)
- Once the slice has been covered in chocolate, hold it over the mixture to let most of the excess drip off.
- Immediately decorate with sprinkles or chopped nuts by rolling them in the toppings; set on an attractive platter or tray.
- Once the slice has been dipped and garnished, return it to the freezer to set. After setting, each slice can be wrapped in a Cellophane bag or plastic wrap for up to one week in the freezer.