- 1 8 lb Bone in Ham
- 1 16 oz jar Cajun Injector Honey Praline Marinade
- 1 3.25 oz canister Cajun Injector Praline Topping
- Remove ham from oven and pat Praline Topping evenly over ham return to oven and bake 30 more minutes basting with pan drippings a few times during baking.
- Remove ham from oven and allow to rest, covered before carving.
- Select a ham that is well trimmed of fat around the edges, and does not have a lot of fat running through it.
- If purchasing a frozen ham, allow for adequate defrost time.
- Allow ham to slowly thaw in refrigerator -- the best way to prevent contamination and results in the best quality of meat.
- Always pour marinade into separate container before injecting raw meat; you do not want to contaminate the marinade, for future use.
- When trying to turn the ham do not use sharp utensils that may pierce the ham -- piercing the ham will allow valuable juices to escape.
- Preheat oven as instructed on ham packaging.
- Pour Cajun Injector Honey Praline Marinade in measuring cup and warm for appx. 40 seconds in microwave.
- Inject marinade evenly throughout ham using approx. 2 oz. of marinade per pound of meat.
- After injecting with marinade, cover and bake ham according to the package directions.
Preptime: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1-3 hours