Samsung released the newest Galaxy phone and three new gear devices: Gear 2, Gear 2Neo and the Gear Fit.
According to Catherine Schneider, senior manager of product marketing with Samsung, the Galaxy S5 isn’t just groundbreaking innovation; it’s technology that adapts to your life.
The new smartphone in the Galaxy line has a larger screen, health and wellness tracking with a heart rate monitor and added features to a camera. Plus, it’s water and dust resistant.
Samsung is advertising the Galaxy S5’s ability to deliver a viewing experience with an adaptive Full HD Super AMOLED® display with rich colors, darker blacks and faster response times for clearer high speed content.
Another plus, the phone adapts to the brightness and contrast to the changing light to make it easier to read in bright light and in dimmer light.
The viewing screen is slightly larger than the GS4 at 5.1 inches.
New camera features and simplified controls help elevate the photography experience.
· Selective Focus, where users can take a photo and select the object in focus later, and Phased Detection. When using Selective Focus Mode, consumers can blur images near or far for a creative, one-of-a-kind shot. They can also switch the focus in the shot after it’s been taken.
· Autofocus: Is a setting that’s 3 times faster than a regular smartphone camera’s focusing. That means your images will quickly get into focus for spontaneous moments where you don’t have a lot of time for set up.
· Real-Time HDR: The Galaxy S5 makes it easier to choose when to use HDR, like trying to photograph a beautiful sunset. It also enables users to capture HDR photos or videos with no shutter lag or post-processing.
Other additional features on the GS5:
· Milk Music: Free music service that’s ad-free where you can listen to your favorite artists and discover new music with the turn of the dial.
· Ultra Power Saving Mode: With the Galaxy S5’s Ultra Power Saving Mode, users can dramatically extend the life of their battery life. With this mode, 10 percent of your battery can now last up to 24 hours on standby, while giving you access only to the apps you need like messaging, phone, internet and more.
· S Health: S Health is the perfect “all-in-one” health and fitness app with the world’s first heart rate monitor (HRM). Users don’t need four different apps to track meals, log workouts, map runs, etc.
Samsung has refined its wearable line with the new Gear 2 designs that are customized to the user’s style and is able to keep the wearer more connected.
The Gear Fit offers the convenience of Samsung Gear technology with a comprehensive suite of fitness features so you can stay physically active with sacrificing mobile connectivity. Gear Fit keeps users connected with incoming alerts and notifications that they can read on the world’s first curved Super AMOLED display on a wearable device. With the Gear Fit, tools were added to help people better manage their health and wellness.
The Gear Fit offers customized fitness tracking, a coaching mode and heart rate monitor.
The Gear Fit tracks steps, monitors your heart rate on the go and provides notifications of incoming calls, texts and emails.
Gear Fit has an athletic design and an interchangeable band that’s functional whether active or asleep. The Gear Fit was designed to comfortably contour to consumers’ wrists while offering a vivid display.
Here is the what the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo offers:
· Make calls: Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo can place and receive phone calls tethered to a compatible device.
· Personalized style: Any type of standard 22 mm watch strap can be used with the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo. With endless interchangeable wristbands and various metal face options, a user’s Gear reflects their personal style.
· Internal Storage: Internal storage on Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo allows users to store between 500-1,000 songs on the devices so a phone isn’t need for playback.
Users can also pair the Gear with Bluetooth headphones to enjoy their favorite songs while on the go.