1 c. quinoa (cooked with 2.5 cups of water and 1 boullion cubes)
¼ c. + 2TBS vegetable oil
2TBS garlic cloves
1 yellow onion
½ c. cashews blended with ¾ c. water
2 TBS nutritional yeast
1 ¾ tsp baking powder
¼ c. tapioca starch
½ tsp salt
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 TBS dry parsley
½ c. cashews (pulsed in food processor into small bits
¼ c. water
½ c. carrot shreds
1. Cook quinoa in a small sauce pot with lid on. Bring to a boil. Simmer with a low flame for 20 minutes. Check that all water is absorbed.
2. Quarter the onion and using a food processor pulse them with the garlic cloves until they are all chopped up.
3. Saute onions an d garlic with the oil until nice and soft.
4. In vita prep blend cashews with water until they are smooth.
5. In a mixing bowl combine the cooked quinoa, onion mix, cashew cream and all remaining ingredients. Mix it all up until totally combined.
6. Grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
7. Scoop out patties about ½ cup each. Space them out on the sheet so they have plenty of room to flatten as they bake, like cookies.
8. Bake 300-degrees for 20 minutes.
9. Let cool at room temperature.