Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today showed how to make Simple Cranberry Squares on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, December 1.
- 1 box yellow cake mix - any brand
- 8 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 4 Tbs. unsalted cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 eggs
- 1 9.6 oz. jar Cranberry Relish (I use Dickinson’s)
- 2 Tbs. milk
- 1 Tbs. flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of cake mix in a small bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix remaining cake mix, melted butter and 1 egg together and pour into a lightly greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
- In another small bowl, mix 2 eggs, milk and cranberry relish together and pour over cake batter in pan.
- With the reserved cake mix, add sugar, cinnamon, and cold butter pieces.
- Blend together with a pastry blender or fork until mixture is in crumbles.
- Sprinkle over cranberry relish layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma