Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today prepared Olivia Maxwell's recipe for a cool and fruity summer dessert treat called Pavlova on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, July 6.
- 3 large egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 Tbs. boiling water
- 1 tsp. Cream of Tartar
- about 3-4 cups whipped cream and fresh fruit such as strawberries, kiwi, blackberries, raspberries or blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- With a mixer beat all ingredients on high for 10 minutes (yes, 10!)
- With a large spoon, scoop onto foil and spread slowly, forming a medium-sized circle.
- Use a spoon to hollow out the middle (making a bowl) and form small curves along the edges.
- Bake for 5 minutes. REMINDER! FIVE MINUTES ONLY!.
- Turn oven OFF and let it continue to bake for 2 hours.
- Cool completely and "gently" fill the center of the "bowl" with whipped cream and fruit.
Recipe from Olivia Maxwell