Amy Kushnir of My Texas Today showed us how to prepare Mema’s Pumpkin Bread on News 8 Daybreak Saturday, October 6.
- 1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2 sticks butter (softened)
- 2 3.4 oz.packages Jell-O Coconut Cream pudding/pie filling
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a mixing bowl until blended well.
- Add remaining ingredients slowly, blending in one at a time.
- Pour into 2 greased loaf pans
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes - 1 hour.