Wicked Linguine Shrimp Pasta
- 8 ounces dried pasta (linguine, fettuccine, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4-5 small fresh chopped tomatoes
- 1 pound peeled large shrimp
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half, light cream, or evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (coriander)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 or more canned chipotle peppers chopped
- 1/4cup Almonds
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 bushel cilantro
- Boil the pasta in a large sauce pan until al dente, according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan on medium heat and sauté the onions for 2 minutes. Stir in the 2 cloves garlic, tomatoes, shrimp and cumin. Sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir in the chipotle pesto (recipe below), and half-and-half (or cream or evaporated milk). Simmer until the shrimps are just cooked through, approximately 3-4 minutes, depending on the size of shrimps used. Taste and correct the seasoning by adding salt, pepper, and, if needed, additional chipotles to suit your taste.
- Return the pasta to the sauce pan in which it was cooked. Toss in shrimp and sauce until well blended and transfer to a serving dish. Serves 4 as a main course.
- Top with fresh cilantro and feta cheese
Mix cilantro, almonds, pecans, chipotle can of peppers, lemon and 3 garlic cloves in food processor and mix till pesto is blended to preferred constancy