A list of health camps across North Texas that focus on healthy activities and eating:
Sur la table's Kids and Teens Summer Cooking Series (DALLAS / SOUTHLAKE)
"In this fun, five-day camp, young chefs will practice essential kitchen skills and master the fundamentals of cooking."
Pricing ranges from $150 to $250 for three-day, five-day camps. For more info and to sign up visit surlatble.com.
Taste Buds Kitchen (SOUTHLAKE)
Week-long classes where campers explore a different theme each week and are encouraged to try new foods.
"Every day we make two to three recipes – always one savory and one sweet – while whipping up batches of fun. Younger chefs focus on the basics along with kitchen games while the older camps tackle advanced techniques and culinary challenges. Professional Culinary Instructors and Kid Experts lead the way for a camp your budding chef won’t soon forget! A TBK apron is included for each full-week camper as well as flexible drop-off from 8:30-9:00am for a small fee."
LOCATION: 2140 E. SOUTHLAKE BLVD.
SOUTHLAKE, TX 76092
KIDS YOGA/PHYSICAL CAMPS
Fit Family Kid Camps (FLOWER MOUND)
A variety of camps including: Drama, Cooking, Art, Weird Science, Academics, and a big list of fun-themed
Yoga and Fitness camps.
Pricing ranges from $130-$175. Discounts offer a third camp free when two camps are purchased and savings for siblings. Camps include half and full days.
Obstacle Warrior Kids (DALLAS / MCKINNEY)
While they aren't offering traditional summer camps, Obstacle Warrior Kids have a Summer Pass, which includes:
- 2-hour admission each day
- 10% off parties held by August 31st
- 15% off classes
- 15% off merchandise, drinks, snacks
- Valid June 1st - August 31st
- Ages 5+ $259
- Ages 2-4 $189
- Siblings $159
- Available for purchase April 10th
Lotus Bud Kids: Yoga & Mindfulness Summer Camp (RICHARDSON)
"A summer camp that will increase their confidence, coordination, concentration, and calmness.
Lotus Bud Kids Yoga & Mindfulness Summer Camp!"
Camps run from 9 a.m. to noon. June 12-15; June 26-29; July 10-13; July 24-27
Pricing: $125 per week
- 10% sibling discount (use code Siblings10)
- 10% multi-camp discounts (use code Multi10)
- Yoga mats, water and healthy snacks are provided for all campers.
Space is limited.
LOCATION: 2701 Custer Pkwy Suite #710
Richardson, Tx. 75080
COOPER FITNESS CENTER FIT & FUN DAY CAMP (DALLAS / MCKINNEY)
"From camps and sports clinics to kids' cooking classes, we offer programs to help keep your kids healthy and fit."
- 10 percent discount when you register the same child for 4+ weeks of Kids Camp or Youth Camp at one time.
Cooper Fitness Center Fit & Fun Day Camp
Half and full day classes
12100 Preston Road
Dallas, Tx. 75230
Cooper Fitness Center at Craig Ranch
7910 Collin McKinney Parkway
McKinney, TX 75070
STEM CAMP (DALLAS / FRISCO / MESQUITE)
These week-long camps are open to co-ed youth, 3rd-8th grade.
- June 5 – 9 at Kramer Elementary School, 7131 Midbury Dr, Dallas
- June 12 – 16 at Williams Prep Charter Academy, 1919 Burbank St, Dallas
- June 19 – 23 at Legacy Prep Charter Academy, 2727 Military Pkwy, Mesquite
- June 26 – 30 at Legacy Prep Charter Academy, 601 Accent Dr, Plano
- July 5 – 7 ($200) at iCode – Frisco Campus, 4577 Ohio Dr, Frisco
© 2017 WFAA-TV