Entertainment in the Dallas-Forth Worth Metroplex can get a bit pricey. We've comprised a list of free events happening around the North Texas area this weekend to make sure you have some fun -- and avoid breaking the bank.
Friday, April 11
- 2014 Main Street Fort Worth Arts Festival. Through Sunday in Sundance Square. The 29th annual festival spans 27 blocks and features 213 artists. Bob Schneider, Robert Cray and the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra are on the list of performers.
- "The Barber of Seville" FREE opera simulcast. Doors open at 6 p.m. at AT&T Stadium (Arlington). Show starts at 7:30 and all ages are welcome.
- Outdoor screening of "The Outsiders." 7 p.m. at Main Street Garden (1920 Main Street, Dallas).
Saturday, April 12
- White Rock Local Market. 8 a.m. at the Green Spot Market and Fuels (702 Buckner Boulevard, Dallas).
- 2014 March of Dimes March for Babies. 9 a.m. at Norbuck Park (200 N. Buckner Boulevard, Dallas).
- Southeast Dallas Easter Egg Hunt. 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. at Crawford Park (201 N. Prairie Creek Road, Dallas).
- 2014 KidsFest. 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at The Park at Firewheel Town Center (Cedar Sage Drive, Garland). News 8 will be at this family-friendly event. See our coverage here.
- 7th annual Dallas Takes Steps Walk. 4:30 p.m. at Main Street Garden (1920 Main Street, Dallas). Walk raises funds for Crohn's and Colitis. Registration required.
Sunday, April 13
- 2014 Little D Farmers Market. 9 a.m. at Four Corners Brewery (423 Singleton Blvd., Dallas).
For more events check out our Community Calendar.
Know of any free events to add? E-mail us.