The 2017 Veterans Day Parade will close several streets in downtown Dallas for a few hours Friday.
Streets in downtown Dallas will be closed 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. as the parade marches from Union Station up Houston Street, then turns east on Main Street, then south on Ervay Street, east on Young Street, ending up in front of City Hall.
These roads will be closed from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. for parade staging:
- Houston Street – All lanes closed from Wood Street to Young Street
- Reunion Boulevard East – All lanes closed from Houston Street to Hotel Street
- Hotel Street– All lanes closed from Reunion Boulevard East to Cadiz Street
These streets will be closed during the parade 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.:
- Houston Street – All lanes closed between Elm Street and Wood Street
- Main Street – All lanes closed from Houston Street to Ervay Street
- Ervay Street – All lanes closed between Main Street and Young Street
- Young Street – All lanes closed between Field Street and Saint Paul Street
- Marilla Street – All lanes closed from Saint Paul Street to Young Street
- Akard Street – All lanes closed between Wood Street and Canton Street
- Ervay Street – Service Drive between Young Street/Wood Street and Canton Street
- Akard Street – One northbound lane closed from Marilla Street to Young Street
The parade's grand marshals are Colonel William Dwiggins (U.S. Marine Corps) and Command Sergeant Major Juan Hernandez (U.S.A.)
Go here for more information about the parade.