Residents were able to return to their homes after they had to evacuate due to a gas leak Thursday, Atmos Energy told WFAA.
According to Garland city officials, the gas is back on as of Thursday night.
Earlier that afternoon, gas crews were at the scene on Parkmont Drive near Garland Avenue and Kingsley Road. A construction crew cut a four-inch natural gas line belonging to Atmos, prompting an evacuation of 29 homes.
Atmos turned off the gas, but escaping gas traveled along the sewer line and entered several homes. Officials told WFAA that 123 homes were without gas. Gail Fields Recreation Center opened until midnight for residents.
The Garland Fire Department said they will remain on scene until the homes have been cleared of gas.
Stay with WFAA.com for updates.