DALLAS — A verbal altercation broke out between longtime Dallas County Commissioner John Wiley Price and former Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway at KHVN, a North Texas contemporary gospel radio station.

Candidates for Dallas County commissioner, including Micah B. Phillips and Balch Springs Mayor Cedric Davis, were at the station to participate in a debate. According to news director Robert Ashley, the altercation broke out during a commercial break and police were called to the scene just before 1 p.m. Monday.

In video filmed by Phillips and obtained by News 8, several people can be seen holding Caraway back as he yells out at Price.

Former Dallas city council member Dwaine Caraway is held back as he argues with Commissioner John Wiley Price at a gospel station in Dallas on Feb. 22, 2016. 

"I'm tired of you ... You [expletive] up my house," Caraway says to Price.

"I'm gonna get you," he says before being escorted out the door.

The video continues to record as Caraway is taken to a nearby office.

"What is wrong with y'all ... This is a gospel radio station," a woman says in the video as people discuss the argument. "You all get out of my office."

Phillips says the fracas appears to be over personal issues between longtime Dallas County Commissioner Price and Caraway, a former Dallas City council member.

Speaking to News 8, Caraway claimed Price started the argument and got out of his chair first.

"Well, [Price] was cursing at me when the mics were off," Caraway said. "So, I was responding to him."

He also said Price grabbed one of his campaign workers, George Nash, by the neck, leaving it bruised.

However, Phillip says Price only used his hands to keep Nash away and doesn't believe an assault occurred.

"He got into Commissioner Price's comfort zone," Phillip said.

"It was an embarrassment to our community," he said of Caraway's actions.

News 8 has reached out to Price, who wasn't yet available for comment according to his office late Monday afternoon.

Police spent much of the day at the station and a report was taken at the scene. In a statement released later in the day, police said they're talking with witnesses and sorting through video taken during the disturbance.