FLOWER MOUND -- The driver who police say left the scene of a hit-and-run crash outside of a Flower Mound restaurant has turned himself in.

Richard Gledhill, 46, has been charged with failing to stop and provide information after an injury accident. His bond has been set at $3,000.

Stunning video released last week shows a new-model black Kia Optima or Kia Cadenza jumping the curb in front of Gloria's Latin Cuisine on Justin Road Oct. 15 and hitting two women who were sitting on a bench.

Police are looking for the driver in a stunning video that shows him jumping the curb in front of a Flower Mound restaurant and hitting two women who were sitting on a bench.

The vehicle's tires continue to spin and smoke for moments after the impact, even as a bystander knocks on the driver's window to check on him.

Gledhill eventually gets out of the vehicle and speaks with bystanders at the scene. He pulls the vehicle off the sidewalk and back into the parking spot before getting out again. He stands at the scene apparently discussing the crash with others for about a minute as the crowd outside the restaurant heads inside.

The women on the bench were friends identified as Diane Spinuzzi and Carla Howell. They say they were "catching up" when they saw and heard the vehicle jump the curb.

"I just thank God that Carla had the sense to push me," said Spinuzzi.

She says if Howell hadn't acted with instinct and pushed her out of the way they both would have been pinned. Both sustained minor injuries and mostly bruising, each spent a couple hours in the hospital.

But what concerned police is Gledhill's failure to stay on the scene. It is seen on video that as soon as a restaurant manager goes inside, he pulls out of the parking spot and drives off.

The suspect's vehicle with a bystander next to it.

"What creates the felony failure to stop and render aid is the fact that he left without supplying any info or checking on the injuries of the two women involved," said Capt. Wess Griffin with Flower Mound police.

Police don't know whether Gledhill was under the influence or even medically impaired. Griffin says regardless he should have stopped.

"The minute he left the scene everything changed; it was no longer an accident," Howell said.